Thursday, June 29, 2017

So Many Adventures

So this blog is entitled "The Grand Adventures of Abby" and it's funny because I've been too busy having grand adventures to write a blog post for the blog about my grand adventures.

I went to a Korn/Stone Sour concert. It was a religious experience. Absolutely phenomenal. I had chills, tears, I felt like I was floating, and I stared at the hazy sky above the outdoor stage, saying "Thank you," internally over and over again.

Husband and I keep making it a point to find new places to eat. We tried Rebel Donut, the donut shop that invented a donut based on the meth made in Breaking Bad, and it was delightful. I had one with black frosting and my teeth and tongue were dyed an inky tone for several hours. I regretted nothing. We also went to a local pizzeria which has been featured in many magazines and TV shows and it was lovely. The people obviously cared about their food and we dined by a signed autograph by a young Tom Selleck.

We also experienced our city's fair. It was...pretty bad, actually. Really underwhelming and all the rides were overpriced. But we enjoyed the free circus (which was abysmally small but still fun).
I took my husband on a one-night getaway because this month is our wedding anniversary. And also because we really needed it. We had a lovely time at an adorable hotel that had a water park connected to it.

The dogs were boarded together for that one night at our favorite boarding kennel. They've taken care of Jeph since he was a wee pup. I was so scared to board Riley, as she's never spent a night away from me since I got her. But every nervous phone call to the boarders confirmed that the two of them were having the time of their little lives. And when we picked them up, we noticed that they'd worked through some of their issues. Jeph no longer bites Riley under her face and she knows how to tell him to go away when she wants to sleep. Riley's gotten a bit more needy, but we expected that.

Another reason my baby girl is needy is because we added yet another member to our family. Kritopher "Krit" Wignarajah is a baby bearded dragon, just out of the egg. The name "Krit" is from a really terrible romance novel I read when my husband and I were first dating. We agreed it was the stupidest name we'd ever heard, and decided one day we'd have a pet with that name. Krit's been with us for just a few short weeks and already has established dominance over both dogs and eaten over 100 small crickets. He likes to sleep on my shoulder. Bearded dragons have the cutest tiny snores! We got him because we wanted a low maintenance pet that could keep me company while I studied but that I wouldn't have to play with and get distracted by. We thought about fish, but I honestly hate fish in tanks and bowls. It gives me anxiety to think of them trapped in that tiny enclosure and internally screaming their whole lives. But Krit does not internally scream. He internally judges everything we do. He thinks he is the king and everyone else is beneath him. The looks he gives us are hysterical!

Jeph is learning really quickly now. He sleeps at the bottom of our bed now, but sometimes he needs to go back to his kennel because he gets too rambunctious at strange hours. He is almost 90% loose-leash trained, but is afraid of cars, motorcycles, weed-wackers, lawn mowers, small children, and the occasional smell he can't identify. He's slowly becoming a "good boy," and we couldn't be more proud!

I'm so afraid of failing at this school thing. I can't seem to focus the way I could pre-brain surgeries. And I can only take notes for fifteen minutes at a time. It's frustrating, but hopefully I'll figure it out.
I'm a little scared because I had crawled my way out of that awful depressive PTSD trauma episode and today I suddenly felt...like I was in a dark tunnel and it was closing in on me. I actually said, "No, no no!" out loud. I feel like I am teetering on the edge of this nasty cliff after finally making it back up to the top. To try to help with this, my husband suggested I take tonight off from studying. Hopefully some extra rest will help. I am worried. I cannot afford to not be able to do my school work due to another crippling episode.

Love to you all. Stay safe. Stay here. I care about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment