Monday, January 23, 2017

Fibro-Friendly Clothes!

(The opinions expressed in this post are all my own. I am not being paid anything by anybody to express these opinions.)

You guys. You GUYS. I found the most amazing clothing store! It's called Lovesick and it's by the same company that runs Hot Topic and Torrid. But the clothing selection is so much better than Torrid's! And everything is so incredibly soft. I haven't worn jeans without severe nerve and stomach pain ever in my entire life. And now, thanks to Lovesick, I have six pairs of pants to partner with their incredibly soft tops. All their clothing can be mixed and matched. I regret zero of my purchases there. Everything seems to have a bit of spandex in it. I suffer from a lot of swelling issues, and I like clothes that aren't restrictive and don't cut into my skin during swelling episodes. Their smallest size is an 8 (000 in their sizing), so smaller Fibromyalgia friends won't be able to shop there. But fear not! H&M is also a great go-to. While their selection of soft, Fibro-friendly garments is smaller, it was my go-to before medications caused my weight to do some crazy things. You'll need to touch each garment individually at H&M and look at what fabrics are in the garments before trying them on. I can usually tell by touching the garment on the rack whether or not it will be itchy or painful on my body. Cotton/Polyester blends are hit and miss, but Cotton/Polyester/Spandex will usually be alright. Rayon is straight-up itchy unless it's a super-small ratio. Linen and Wool are also things to look out for, as they will seriously piss off angry nerve endings in the skin, particularly on the arms and back. Make sure you cut off the tags, or you'll be all scratched up by the day's end. Fibromyalgia is a symptom of Ehlers-Danlos, as is easily scratched, dented, and ripped skin. If I had a nickel for the number of times I have had garments cause me bleeding sores, I could buy even more soft, stretchy clothes. I'm sick of spending all my time in pajamas, and these two stores are absolutely making a real wardrobe possible.
I hope this is helpful to my fellow Chronic Illness warriors (AKA Spoonies).

Helpful links:
http://www.lovesick.com/
http://www.hm.com/us

No comments:

Post a Comment