Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I'm So Tired And The House Is So Messy

I'm so tired. And the house is disgusting. Small pieces of dog toys litter the floors. I can't remember what my bedroom floor looks like. The side room doors are closed, partly so the puppy won't pee in there, but really because there is so much work to be done in each room and it is easier to just close the doors and forget about it. The dust bunnies took our brief trip as an excuse to multiply at alarming rates. And the dogs happily pooped all over the backyard. In one day, the grass is hardly visible and the nasty smell coming from the backyard is enough to stun a small elephant. Add that to my inability to bend over due to neck pain and the abdominal hemorrhage and you've got the situation: me stuck on the couch as the house falls down around my ears. The dogs are eating trash they found under the bed. I attempted to teach Jeph two new commands today. One of them stuck. The other one...we'll work on it.
I might perhaps be able to dust some today. In the living room. So that is one out of like seven hundred things I need to do. Did I mention that I have a Colonoscopy/Endoscopy on Friday? Did I mention that most people have to go on the liquid diet for one day but I have to start it today? Did I mention that I ate breakfast this morning as my last meal for the week and it made me incredibly ill for no reason whatsoever? Did I mention that I'm on hospital-level mgs of Zofran in order to stay out of the bathroom? Send help, folks.
Of course my husband would help me with everything if I asked him, and he does so many things without me asking. He takes care of the trash and the dishes and takes care of Jeph in the evenings and I honestly don't know what I would do without him. Probably cry more.
But the point of this post is not to tell you that I've got an amazing husband. It is to tell you that I am feeling overwhelmed and tired and crabby and sick and that this is normal considering what my body is going through right now and that it is okay to feel these things and to let these feelings run their course so you can get past them and get back to living life. Which I will do. This post is at the height of feeling overwhelmed. Perhaps later today or tomorrow, you'll all get a post about how life doesn't suck as much as I thought it did in this particular moment. We will see.

Master To-Do List That You Are Not Expected To Read But I Wrote Out Because I Needed To Vent Somewhere:
1. Backyard poop pick-up
2. Dust Living Room
3. Dust Master Bedroom
4. Clean both bathrooms
5. Laundry
6. Dishes
7. Trash
8. Pick up all trash the dogs have scattered all over the house
9. Throw away the old flowers on the dining table
10. Get Jeph humping Riley's head on camera because it is hilarious and he does it when she takes his toys
11. Write a blog post that doesn't suck
12. Clean Kitchen counters
13. Clean Dining Room table
14. Vacuum and Baking Soda Master Bedroom
15. Re-learn rules of capitalization because this post is a mess as far as that is concerned
16. Put all the weird stuff that found its way into the Living Room away
17. Swiffer (the wet steamer one) the hardwood floors
18. Give Jeph a bath because he smells like pee again
19. Clean Jeph's kennel because that's probably where that awful smell is originating from
20. Put the ten loads of clean laundry that are hiding in the first side room away
21. Clean both side rooms so they are useable and we have company coming in a few weeks and also maybe we can shove the dogs in one of the rooms occasionally to play
22. Vacuum both side rooms
23. Take all the papers that haven't been filed and file them already for goodness' sake
24. Re-organize the side room closets because they are gross right now
25. Continue to teach Jeph "Down" and "Lay Down" this week as well as reinforcing "Sit," "Leave It," and "Quiet."
26. Cry over how long this list is and how you're literally only going to be able to do maybe two things off of this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment